This form is to be used to apply to become a registered biosecurity entity (RBE). This form applies to designated animals, including bees.
Anyone who keeps more than a certain number of 'designated animals' must register with Biosecurity Queensland to become an RBE. An RBE can be:
- an individual
- several individuals working in a partnership or organisation such as a company, trust, registered body or government organisation.
You must register if you own or keep:
- 1 or more cows, sheep, goats, pigs, bison, buffalo, deer or animals from the Camelidae family (e.g. alpacas, llamas) or the Equidae family (e.g. horses, ponies, donkeys, mules, zebras)
- 100 or more designated birds - that is, birds that are raised for human consumption (poultry) or the production of eggs for human consumption (e.g. chickens), or that have been released into free flight since they started being kept in captivity (e.g. racing pigeons)
- 1 or more beehives.
If you were previously allocated a PIC or HIN, you may already be registered. If you think this may be the case, please call our Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23 (or+61 7 3404 6999 from outside Queensland) between 8 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday. You can also email us at email@example.com
For more information on registrable biosecurity entities, designated animals and the minimum threshold number required to be a registrable biosecurity entity, or who must register go to https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/farms-fishing-forestry/agriculture/biosecurity/entity-registration
Before you start
You will need the following information to complete your application.
For Livestock, Horses & Birds
- Details of the lot on plan of the property where the animals are kept. You can find this information on documents such as property rates notices, lease agreements, contracts of sale or deeds notices and is generally in the following format: Lot 2/SP12345
- The details of the owner of the land where the animals are kept, this includes:
- Land owner name
- Land owner address
- Land owner contact details (for example, contact number, email etc)
- The details of the occupier of the property where the animals are kept.
- Occupier name
- Occupier address
- Occupier contact details (for example, contact number, email etc)
- Details of locations where your hives are kept and if not the applicant, details of the site owner.
- Details of the origin or source of your hives (for example, who or where you obtained your hives from).
For more information or if you have trouble completing the form, please contact the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for designated animals, or email@example.com
Please note - completion of this application may take anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes depending on the amount of information required for your future registration.